Answering Service for Directors
ASD is the leader in answering services and call support for funeral professionals. Family owned and operated, ASD blends state-of-the-art technology with an experienced team of knowledgeable call specialists that possess a high level of understanding of the funeral process. The company's intensive, 6 month training programs ensures that the potential value of every call is recognized and communicated to directors in the most cost efficient way.
ASD's custom-built systems, innovative mobile tools and sophisticated ASD Mobile app bring cutting edge technology to funeral homes and funeral related businesses of all sizes. For OFDA members, ASD offers an extended, 8 week free trial period. Contact us at (800) 868-9950 or visit www.myASD.com/ofda for more information.
Directors Choice Assignment Services
Directors Choice Assignment Services is OFDA’s exclusive preferred-partner of advance funding and insurance assignment services in the state of Ohio. Directors Choice was started in 2007 by Funeral Directors Life as a tool to help families use an alternative form of payment for their loved one’s funeral. Directors Choice advances funds within 24-48 hours of verification of benefits, dramatically reducing the wait time normally incurred when dealing with insurance companies. Directors Choice also offers one of the lowest fee structures in the industry, a rebate program for Funeral Directors Life clients, and processor pairing for funeral homes.
Visit www.DirectorsChoiceServices.com or call (800) 692-3688 to learn more about how Directors Choice can help your funeral home.
OFDA is pleased to announce American Profit Recovery (APR) as its preferred partner for collection activity on delinquent accounts. APR has quickly established itself as one of the leaders in the debt collection industry. By combining a funeral home's internal efforts with APR's third party intervention, the entire life cycle of the delinquency will be minimized. Not only will the effectiveness of the collection increase, but it will do so while decreasing the staff's time taken to manage past due accounts, leaving more time to service their families.
APR offers a flat fee program as opposed to charging a typical percentage common with most collection agencies and attorneys. By charging a flat fee, APR allows the funeral home to keep more of their revenues.
OFDA members will see noticeable advantages in the areas of:
- Flat rate no more than $22 per account as opposed to a percentage
- Diplomatic collection process as to not alienate families
- State of the art, real-time reporting capability through APRweb
- An average recovery rate of 40-50% on delinquent accounts
- Customer service team available for your needs
For more information, contact Matt Helz at (800) 711-0023. Be sure to mention you're an OFDA member. Or you can visit them at www.americanprofit.com
The Ohio Funeral Directors Association is pleased to announce a new online education opportunity which will connect you with the top speakers and programs in the industry from your home or office.Earning CE hours, increasing your knowledge, training your staff, and learning about new trends and topics has never been easier!
Join the live program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer for the web portion and telephone for the audio portion. You may ask questions, participate in surveys, and post comments from your computer during the program. You may also invite colleagues to watch the program from a shared computer or projection screen and speakerphone. Certificates are provided to registered attendees participating at their own computer and phone. Simple instructions with a link to the program will be sent when you register.
Click here to view available webinars.
Members who are interested in shopping their health insurance are encouraged to contact Health Enrollment Management Agency (HEMA). HEMA has extensive relationships with many insurance companies and has selected plan options with multiple insurers, allowing for the most optimum networks and coverages (dental, vision, life, LTD, LTC, etc).
Live Oak Bank
OFDA is pleased to announce Live Oak Bank as its newest Preferred Partner for funeral home lending. By combining financing expertise with industry knowledge, Live Oak understands the funeral business and customizes funeral home loans to meet the borrowers needs. The bank can provide comprehensive financing with no balloons and no covenants for refinancing, succession planning, acquisitions, expansions, and new construction.
Core benefits exclusive to OFDA members:
- Specialty Lenders – A team that is 100% dedicated to providing and servicing loans for the funeral profession. They are fully devoted to their funeral home and cemetery customers and their business.
- Non-Commission Lenders – The long-term success of the customer is the focus of each sales team, not just closing a transaction to make a buck. Lenders establishing a personal relationship with each customer, helping them choose a loan product that best meets their needs.
- Expanded & Customized Loan Products – There are no one-size-fits-all loan products. By listening to and learning from funeral professionals, a loan programs that specifically address their business needs and growth goals can be developed.
- Business Advisory Group – From the time a loan closes until the day it is paid back in full, a dedicated servicing team will work with you to help with critical financial decisions. The Business Advisory Group provides support for all types of business operations. Every customer is assigned a Relationship Manager to assist them.
- Educational Offerings – One must constantly be learning to grow and lead well. Live Oak is committed to continuing to provide valuable educational opportunities for OFDA members that will help them grow their businesses.
- Deeply Discounted Closing Costs for OFDA Members – Inquire with Laura Dempsey at (614) 486-5339 for details.
Click here to read more about Live Oak Bank.
Purchase Your 2015 Music License From NFDA For Only $243. You Won't Find a Lower Rate Anywhere!
Before the year ends, be sure to purchase a 2015 music license for each of your locations. With NFDA, you pay only $243 per location – the absolute lowest rate available in funeral service – for a music license covering all three licensing organizations, BMI, SESAC and ASCAP. Click here to read more at the NFDA website.
Download your NFDA Music License Form
Property and Casualty Insurance
As an OFDA member you can obtain property and casualty insurance at competitive rates through a State Auto agent in your area. For more information on our State Auto plan, download the Property / Casualty Insurance for Funeral Directors brochure or please contact:
State Auto Insurance Companies
Ph: (614) 917-6501
Fax: (614) 719-0265
Save significantly on your workers’ compensation premium by joining the Ohio Funeral Directors Association’s (OFDA) workers’ compensation program administered by CareWorksComp.
We partner with CareWorksComp to deliver the most significant cost savings to our members. CareWorksComp embraces a results-oriented approach that fully integrates safety prevention and risk control with aggressive claims management to deliver a significant return on investment. The OFDA and CareWorksComp can analyze your company to determine the BEST workers’ compensation premium-saving program for you.
- Group Rating – CareWorks Comp's group rating program is the only plan endorsed by the OFDA.
- Group Retrospective Rating – This program offers premium savings projected in exceeding 60% and can be a great alternative for companies unable to qualify for traditional group experience rating.
- Deductible Program – This program offers discounts on premium rates in exchange for accepting a specified deductible amount.
- 100% EM Cap –Companies becoming penalty rated for the upcoming policy year can have increases to their Experience Modifier (EM) limited, or capped, at 100%, thereby limiting rate and premium increases.
- Other Alternative Rating & Discount Programs – Drug-Free Safety Program, One Claim Program, Safety Council, Salary Continuation, $15K Medical Only Deductible and others.
- Self Insurance – Companies pay compensation and medical costs directly for work-related injuries avoiding escalating reserves and premiums charged by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. CareWorks Comp serves more Ohio self-insured employers than any other third party administrator.
As a result of their best-in-class service, CareWorks Comp has consistently maintained a 97% retention rate - one of the highest in the industry. Put their team to work for you. For a no-cost, no-obligation program analysis, click here You may also contact CareWorksComp's Cordell Walton, at (614) 827-0398.